Saturday, August 11, 2007

TENTH Birthday Party!

My Grandsons Mom and Dad threw a SURPRISE TENTH BIRTHDAY PARTY for him. As you can tell from the picture he was indeed surprised. His Mom baked from scratch a very scrumptious carrot cake that was a big hit with everyone. His Dad smoked some delicious baby back ribs. They were mouth-watering good. As I told him the best ribs I've ever eaten. They gave me some to take home and I ate them the night of the day I got home. They were still delicious.

Adam And His Buds

( Inspired by those fabulous ribs I bought some meat labeled "Tri-Tip-Strips" at my local totally-remodeled Ralph's. The day I cooked them I found some 2004 dry-rub marinade to cover them with and I soaked a couple of cups of hickory chips in some water. About half an hour after starting the briquet's I threw the water soaked chips on them, then put the grill on and laid the freshly rubbed strips on the heat. I had some second thoughts about using the 3 year old dry rub marinade but it tasted a lot better than it smelled. But after about 50 minutes of cooking/smoking I took the strips off the grill, sliced them thin and ate them. They were delicious! Not as good as Dave's babyback ribs but pretty darn close.)

Adam's Cousins
Lip-smacking good!

The Birthday Boy

Nick

Adam's favorite activity, Opening gifts